My Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, March 21, 2009

We Weren't meant to be...

5 years ago, when I was 15, a new girl came to our school. Everyone was talking about how pretty she was, how her smile looked so adorable, and she soon became the girl every guy in the school wanted to hold. I didn't know what all the fuss was about, cause to me, she was just another ordinary girl and nothing special. Maybe it was because I was blinded by a girl who didn't love me back.

A year quickly flew by, and my feelings for the girl I once loved faded slowly. Soon, I opened up my heart to others, and the girl I saw nothing special of, captured my heart the moment our eyes met. I could remember it so clearly that very moment, she was sitting behind me during Chemistry class, I turned around and caught a glimpse of her eyes, and she saw mine. My heart skipped a beat and I didn't dare to turn back again.

I knew then, that she had a boyfriend who she has been together with for quite awhile, which was why I didn't make any move for 3 months. That 3 months, all I would do was tease her, make fun of her, and do stupid things in front of her. She hated me, and the things I did. I felt stupid, but I couldn't show that I liked her. I remembered my friends would always ask me, "Do you have any confidence in winning her heart?", and I would just look on the floor and shake my head, because I know I have nothing, only a heart that wants to love someone and pamper them for as long as they would like me to.

March 28th arrived, and it was her birthday. I decided to finally let her know that I had feelings for her. And with that, I saved up $60USD and bought a Crystal Phone Key chain for her from Swarovski, a Winnie the Pooh and wrote her a letter. I plucked every ounce of courage I had inside of me, and gave her this present.

We started to talk more after her birthday, and it really pleased my heart to see that she didn't mind what I have said in the letter. I didn't mind not being her boyfriend or anything then. I was happy just knowing that she was willing to be a friend.

1 month passed since her birthday, and she said to be that she had broken up with her boyfriend. I felt so upset at that moment, I felt so sorry. I became the person who tore up a beautiful relationship of 2 1/2 years, and I don't even know if I could love her like her boyfriend does, but I know then that even if I couldn't, I have to love her with everything I got.

Another month passed, and we finally got together. That very moment when she said yes, my life seemed to have found colors in the dullest corners. There isn't any word that could describe how I felt, because that was the moment when I felt true love, that was the moment I know my life has been blessed by an angel.

We soon became the sweetest couple in school. Everyone knew about us, everyone was envious about us. Guys were envious about me cause I had just won the heart of the most beautiful girl in school. Girls were envious of her cause...I don't know, I don't have anything for anyone to be envious about, but they were just envious of her. We were like glue, nothing could separate us.

But all these envy soon disappeared...

After we graduated from school in 2004, our distance grew. We couldn't meet much because her parents were very strict, in fact, too strict. She could only go out on Saturdays, and not all Saturdays were dedicated to me. She started to work cause her family's income was low, and that meant that her weekdays are gone too. Sometimes, we would meet once a week, or once in 2 weeks. Sometimes once a month. She simply didn't had time for me. It was work, work, and just work.

I don't really expect much from the one I love. In fact, I'm happy just hearing that 3 words from them. I don't need to meet everyday, or once a week, or once a month. I can live without seeing them for months, just as long as she would say she loves me, but sometimes it's so hard for her to say those words.

I would write poems about how I feel, but I never showed it to her. I only showed her the happy ones that I wrote, because I didn't want her to know I was feeling sad. I was afraid that she would leave me for that reason. I remember a poem had a sentence that said, "but can't you just take a minute off your time and tell me you miss me?". Those were true feelings of how I felt then. That was how much I missed her.

Yeah, it was crazy. From seeing her everyday in school, holding hands all the time, wherever we go, to not getting to see her at all for weeks, it was painful.

2005 passed quickly, and we didn't do much. We couldn't do much. All my friends in school kept telling me to give up, to look for someone better, but I told them, "No. I love her, and I'm not letting her go.", and everyone would just say I'm stupid.

2006 went by pretty much the same way...except this year was the year we finally broke up. I knew it was coming some day, but I still held on, hoping my love could change her thoughts, but no.

My friends always wonder, why did I hold on for 2 years after we had graduated in 2004. Why? Even when she couldn't spend any time with me. I asked myself the same question sometimes too, and I found the answer.

"Love isn't about the time we spend together. Love is about the feelings we build together."

There were still times when I wish she could spend more time with me though. Sometimes I wish I could buy her time, like, ask her how much she earns a month, and give her that amount, if not, more, just so she could spend a month with me.

I remembered how I got through 2 years without meeting her often, or hearing her voice. I told myself, "Hold on, tomorrow will be a better day. If you're with her tomorrow, it means the day when she finally gets her freedom is one day closer. Just keep holding on.", but that day never came..cause now she's in love with another guy.
~by ambience88

Note:A sweet story that doesn't end well...

VAMPIRES WILL NEVER HURT YOU BY MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

Love hurts when you leave it alone~~~

No comments: